We, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai,
After perusal of:
Government Claims Law No. (3) of 1996 and its amendments; and
Decree No. (57) of 2009 Establishing a Tribunal to Decide the Disputes Related to the
Settlement of the Financial Position of Dubai World and its Subsidiaries,
Do hereby issue the following decree:
The provisions of articles (2) and (3) of the above mentioned Decree No. (57) of 2009 shall be substituted by the following provisions:
a. A Tribunal composed of the following persons shall be established in the Emirate:
1. Sir Anthony Evans Chairman
2. Mr. Michael Hwang Member
3. Sir John Chadwick Member
b. The Chairman of the Tribunal may increase the number of the members of the Tribunal, whether from among the judges of the DIFC Court, or in coordination with the Director of Dubai Courts, from among the judges of Dubai Courts.
c. The Chairman of the Tribunal may establish special judicial panels consisting of one or more judges to decide any claims and demands that are within the jurisdiction of the Tribunal and which are submitted to it in accordance with the rules prescribed by him in this regard.
d. All actions, applications and proceedings submitted to the Tribunal shall be subject to the fees applicable in the DIFC Court.
a. Tribunal has jurisdiction to:
1. Hear and decide any demand or claim submitted by or against the Corporation, including hearing and deciding any demand to dissolve or liquidate the Corporation;
2. Hear and decide any demand or claim submitted against any person related to the settlement of the financial obligations of the Corporation, including the chairman and members of the board of directors, as well as all the employees and workers of the Corporation.
3. Issue the interim and interlocutory orders and decisions, including injunctions to any person to act or not to act, or other order as the Tribunal deems appropriate;
4. Assign or appoint, as it deems appropriate, experts and specialists in the matters subject to its jurisdiction.
b. The claims brought against the Corporation in accordance with this Decree shall be exempt from the application of the procedures provided for in article (3/d) of the above mentioned Government Claims Law No. (3) of 1996.
This Decree shall come into force on the day on which it is issued and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Ruler of Dubai
Issued in Dubai on the 27th April 2010
Corresponding to the 13th Jumada l’Ula 1431