Procedure for the Enforcement of a Special Tribunal Related to Dubai World Judgment or Order
- The Applicant needs to lodge an enforcement application with the Dubai Courts’ Execution Judge directly. There is no need to request an accompanying cover letter from the DWT. The Dubai Courts’ Execution Judge will apply the UAE Civil Procedure Rules to the enforcement matter.
- The following must accompany the enforcement application:
- The final Judgment or Order of the DWT translated into Arabic by a certified legal translator; and
- A copy, in Arabic, of Decree No. 57 of 2009 – Establishing a Tribunal to Decide The Disputes Related to the Settlement of the Financial Position of Dubai World and its Subsidiaries.
- The Applicant will need to pay the applicable enforcement fee to the Dubai Courts.